Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: 1 Sense gone

  1. #1
    Cyalaytr
    Guest Cyalaytr's Avatar

    Post

    I you had to spend from now til the end of your life without 1 sense ... which one could you stand to loose and why.. here are your Choices:

    1) Eye site
    2) smell
    3) hearing
    4) taste
    5) touch

  2. #2
    TastinGood
    Guest TastinGood's Avatar

    Post

    um...come on!

    smell would definately be the obvious choice.

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    taste

  4. #4
    Cyalaytr
    Guest Cyalaytr's Avatar

    Post

    Really? I love smell.

    Smell of race gas in the morning or freshly cooked bacon, eggs, pancakes, bread, toast, cakes pizza

    the smell of womens perfume, their frabric softener, their soap

    the smell of fresh cut grass, rain in the forest, the smell a lake has in the evening just after the sun goes down

    a set of freshly washed sheets

    there are so many things I associate with smell that I can just smell them and I am back at that moment. Maybe that is why it is a memory sense.

    YOU sure you would loose smell? Your mind can forget faces, places, but your nose never forgets a smell

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    the question isn't about that so much... as you
    can say that about any of the senses you choose
    to remove.

    the question is which one you prefer to lose.
    evidently tg doesn't place that much value on
    the sense of smell....


    (which is a good anti-argument for the green shirt deal) [img]redface.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Cyalaytr
    Guest Cyalaytr's Avatar

    Post

    True it is about WHAT you would loose not me. I just figured he rushed into the thought so I thought that maybe I would remind how much you use smell.

    or for you for that matter..... CHEEEEEEEESEEEEEEE, a nice glass of wine, freshly cooked food, gummy bears, snow cone??? HMMMMMMMM

  7. #7
    TastinGood
    Guest TastinGood's Avatar

    Post

    i didnt rush into anything.

    i love a lot of things involving smelling....such as shatzy's hair.

    however lets look at the alternatives! SITE! TOUCH! HEARING!

    C'mon..this is a no-brainer.

    I contemplated choosing taste...and to be honest...it's probably a toss-up between those two.

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    the thing with taste, for me, is....

    i'd rather smell... as i love to smell flowers
    and cinnamon, and oranges, and paper....

    and yes, i love my sense of taste as well...
    but if i didn't have taste, i wouldn't be forced
    to be so choosy in what i ate... and i could
    eat better than i already do without much hassle.

    i'd still not eat okra though.... or sauerkraut...
    cuz i could smell that shit

  9. #9
    Cyalaytr
    Guest Cyalaytr's Avatar

    Post

    Now see I would have opted for hearing. I have heard about everything and sound doesnt thrill me as much as it use to and so much i can do with out it. I just doesnt provide the big thrill the rest do and besides I am almost totally deaf in my right ear anyhow so half way there

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner diluted's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    1,589
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    but losing your hearing makes communication so much harder and essentially that is the essence of life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •